Uninstalling a program under Add Remove

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gusline

Hi Guys,
I'm totally stuck.
I loaded a program called Hallmark Card Maker with a feature called Event Reminder. So when I start up (boot ) my computer. Any birthdays in my family will come up when it comes close to the day. But when I got the new computer someone told me you can save all the birthdays from the old computer and load them into the new computer with Windows Explorer with a floppy. When I did it I made it so the program will not start up with error messages telling me some files were missing. So I made another mistake I think, I reloaded (reinstalled) the program, because I thought it would only reinstall the files that were missing . Now it works great, but I noticed I have a copy on C drive and a copy under Programs (were it belongs- under Programs) So I thought I would just uninstall it and reinstall it. So when I went to Add Remove Programs under Control Panel its not in the list ? so now I can't uninstall it ? So I thought I better stop before I just totally wreck my computer because if I just delete it under Windows Explorer, I heard you can really wreck your computer as programs should be uninstalled not deleted.
Totally Frustrated
[email protected]

Find the folder that it's installed in - it is possible its own uninstall utility is in there.

Gusline

Oops I made a mistake Hallmark Cards does not run - says An error occured in your application. It doesn't matter what i do it won't load, just Event Reminders does.
I so I can't get to any uninstall program from Halmark Cards.
Gusline
[email protected]

Gusline

Hi Blues Harp28
I installed http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html[/url] and believe it or not Hallmark Cards doesn't even show up on the list. Now what?
[email protected]

Remove your email address or your get lots of spam. Never post your email address on the web because spybots scan web sites and pick them up and then spam you.

Got Yahoo! Slurp Spider, MSNBot Spider, Google AdSense Spider at this site right now.
Have 470 of them and most are Yahoo! Slurp Spider.

Gusline

oh my gosh I can't thank you enough hewee i never knew about posting my email address being used by spamers

Your welcome Gusline. The same is true with any chat program.
Keep you email address safe.

On a slightly unrelated matter, don't use a Credit Card online either. Major retailers may have secure sites, but your pc isn't...

Like some one else posted have a smaller Account Credit Card that you use online so if something did happen you will not get hit as bad. Get a $500.00 to $1000.00 card and only use it online. Then there are cards that you get a new number each time you use it online so if they get your account number it's no good anymore. I don't know how they work but that would be the best way to go.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online