uninstalling adobe reader 7.0.8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

singsing

please tell me how to uninstall Adobe reader from my control panel "add and remove programs " have tried several times without success . (in simple terms please THANKS

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
If the uninstaller is not listed in Add/Remove, open My Computer or Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU_\setup.exe.

Running the setup.exe will give the option to repair or remove Adobe Reader.

singsing

Frank4d said:
If the uninstaller is not listed in Add/Remove, open My Computer or Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU_\setup.exe.

Running the setup.exe will give the option to repair or remove Adobe Reader.
Thanks for your reply, but having followed ALL your step by step have at the end reached the following "ERROR 1714. The older version of A.R. 7.0.9. cannot be removed. contact your Technical Support2 - have followed the tech trouble shooting am back to square one

have you tried 'safe mode'. Sometimes things that won't work in 'normal mode' will work in 'safe mode'.

Have you tried the uninstaller available from adobe.com?

Do a google search for "adobe uninstaller" and you'll find it.

SUEOHIO

SUE
provided that you get this version uninstalled properly, the newest version of adobe reader for windows xp is adobe reader 8 if you want to have it.

singsing

Thanks Wallee, have followed your step by step but a Dialog box informed me at the end of the uninsall "THIS PATCH COULD NOT BE OPENED.VRIFY THAT THE PATCH EXIST AND THAT YOU CAN ACCESS IT OR CONTACT THE APPLICATOR VENDOR TO VRIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOW INSTALLER PATCH PACKAGE."
would appreciate a follow up.

Double check to make sure you downloaded the correct version (mac or windows) and make sure all applications, including your internet browser, are closed when you try to remove the old versions.

You may have to contact Adobe or search thier web site for your specific problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online