Uninstalling Hijack This Analyzer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfh

I downloaded Hijack This Analyzer, but I've decided not to use is and want to get rid of it, but it has no uninstaller. I can't find any trace of it in my registry. How do I uninstall this little DOS program? I have Hijack This 1.99 and may want to post a log later, as I've been having some trouble getting my old computer to boot up properly, but first, I want to deal with HJ Analyzer. I'm running Win 98, 2nd Ed. on a Pentium 120 machine. Thanks

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi jfh

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Hijack This Analyzer should be one .exe file in the folder you unzipped it in.

Just delete the folder containing the KRC HijackThis Analyzer.exe file and that should take care of it.

Is it interfering with creating your HijackThis logs?

Let us know.

jfh

Thanks, I suspected that might be all there was to it, but I wanted to be sure. No, it was not interfering with Hijack This. I am DOS-averse to begin with, and I got a message when I ran AntiVir that it contained "suspicious code" "Hueristic/Trojan.FWKiller". Probably just a little Teutonic paranoia on the part of AntiVir, but I decided there was not much point in keeping the program, anyway. My Hijack This log is not very extensive. Thanks again. JFH

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Really?

I scanned my copy of HijackThis Analyzer and nothing showed.
Perhaps it was from the actual HijackThis log?

jfh

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
KRC HijackThis Analyzer.zip
ArchiveType: ZIP
--> KRC HijackThis Analyzer.exe
[DETECTION] This file contains suspicious code Heuristic/Trojan.FWKiller
C:\Program Files
KRC HijackThis Analyzer.exe
[DETECTION] This file contains suspicious code Heuristic/Trojan.FWKiller
WAS DELETED

The above is from my AntiVir log-so I guess it really was from the Analyzer, and just as well to get rid of it. JFH

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online