1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstalling internet explorer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by maxgin, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxgin

maxgin Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am trying to uninstall internet explorer. When I go into add and remove progams and click on internet explorer and tools . I am given every option except to uninstall the program. Could someone suggest how to uninstall or a utility that will clean I.E out of this system.
    Thanks
    maxgin

Windows ME
    Internet explorer 6 sp1 and internet tools
    667 mhz
    20 gb hd
    126 mb memory

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

WinME & IE 6 removal is a BAD THING!

Uninstalling IE6 in WinME generally tends to wipe out Windows.

Backup your personal data files and the best way to resolve would be TRY the uninstaller, if that don't work...you'll need to NUKE the drive & start over.

Good Luck!

ST

3. EvileYe

EvileYe

Internet Explorer can be totally removed from your system using the utility called Ieradicator, you can then re-install IE at a later date and have it run as a stand alone application.

Be warned though ! It will completely remove it from your system and I would advise reading through the info before you decide to use it. It will remove everything to do with IE.

You'll find Ieradicator here http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Maxgin:

Why are you wanting to remove Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 from your computer anyway? :confused:

Since you're using Windows ME, you might consider adding another 128 MB of RAM. (y)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

5. maxgin

maxgin Thread Starter

It was taking internet explorer up to five minutes to open once I clicked on it. Luckily, I found the problem in the add and remove programs file. A program called ncaseads had been installed. Once I deleted this program internet explorer worked just fine

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Maxgin:

Download and install Ad-aware 6.0.181 and Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.2.0. These are among the best spyware detection and removal utilities out there. Once you install them, run their update function so they can be updated with the latest reference files, then run them and allow them to detect and remove the spyware files and registry entries in your computer.

Read my article about spyware. It has links to download these utilities from, and it'll explain how to update and run them.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice