1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalling Linux from a Dual Boot system

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Maverick83, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick83

Maverick83 Thread Starter

Alright, so I had setup a dual boot system, Windows XP on the first partition and SuSE9.1 on the rest of the HD. I don't want Linux anymore, so how do I get linux off my system, and the HD space back without having to completely re-install? I'm thinking of just formatting the part of the HD it's on, and then if it gives me trouble when I boot afterwards, I'll just run fixboot from the XP CD. But is there a better way?

Grub is my bootloader, so will that pose a problem?

2. Maverick83

Maverick83 Thread Starter

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Are you using a linux boot loader? If so, you might need to either repair the boot sector manually or do a repair install of xp. I am not a linux guy, so you might want to wait for someone more experienced with linux.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice