Uninstalling Linux from a Dual Boot system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Maverick83

Alright, so I had setup a dual boot system, Windows XP on the first partition and SuSE9.1 on the rest of the HD. I don't want Linux anymore, so how do I get linux off my system, and the HD space back without having to completely re-install? I'm thinking of just formatting the part of the HD it's on, and then if it gives me trouble when I boot afterwards, I'll just run fixboot from the XP CD. But is there a better way?

Grub is my bootloader, so will that pose a problem?

crjdriver

Are you using a linux boot loader? If so, you might need to either repair the boot sector manually or do a repair install of xp. I am not a linux guy, so you might want to wait for someone more experienced with linux.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts