1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalling Lotus

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mjo43, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mjo43

mjo43 Thread Starter

I wish to uninstall Lotus Smartsuite , but keep getting the message that ' Ltsstart,remind32,suitest' are running....cannot delete. These are automatic reminders to register. How do I stop them so my uninstall can proceed.?
    Thanks
    Jeremy

2. Rikku

Rikku

Sounds like they are running at startup.

Try running MSCONFIG in the Run Box on the Start Menu.

Then pick 'startup' on the top. Uncheck anything relating to Lotus.

If you're running NT or 2k then you'll find them in the 'Services' Control Panel, or in the Startup folder on your start menu.

Once you prevent Lotus from starting, those files should delete...

3. mjo43

mjo43 Thread Starter

I can't get msconfig, in start /run......'can't find file (or one of its constituents) check path and filename!

if I go into control panel/adm tools/servoces i can't find it either.
    the 3 programs running are the auto remionders to register in 14 days after loading....and I do need to stop them running, so I can uninstall Lotus 97. The need for this is that I have some extensive macro programs written in Lotus123 v 5 and 97 does not recognise several of the commands. Therefore I must reload lotus 1232 v5.
    Thanks for your help so far....
    jeremy

4. Rikku

Rikku

Maybe you could just hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete (presuming you're running Win2k or NT) and then find the Lotus Processes that are running and end them with End Task.

Then maybe the uninstall would proceed?

Strange that you can't find them in Services...

5. mjo43

mjo43 Thread Starter

Unfortunately they are not shown as running in ctrl/alt/del.

puzzled?

thanks for your help so far!

jeremy

6. Rikku

Rikku

what version of windows are you running??

7. mjo43

mjo43 Thread Starter

Sorry, I assumed as i posted under W2000 that I had advised you...I am using Windows2000 Professional.

Thanks for your help so far , but I am still very puzzled.
    Jeremy

8. Rikku

Rikku

I found something on manually removing SmartSuite.

This might do it.

Manually Removing Smartsuite

Have you looked in the startup folder to see if there's anything loading there that relates to Lotus?

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Win2k does not have an "msconfig" that is why you cannot find it from the run command. There are only two places win2k loads start-up items, from the startup folder and from the registry. If you have already checked the startup folder, go to run > regedit. After in regedit, go to Hkey_Local_Machine >Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current version > Run. From there remove any key that refers to the process that is causing you problems. Prior to editing the registry export the key you are working on, this will allow you to import the key if you mess up the registry. That way you will be right back where you started from.

10. mjo43

mjo43 Thread Starter

Many thanks for both your help. After reading the ibm/lotus factsheet, and after using regedit, before trying it , i exited and tried uninstall and this time it worked.Goodness knows why!

But very many thanks for your help.....now I need to find a copy of Lotus123v5.
    MJO43

11. Rikku

Rikku

Glad it finally worked!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice