Uninstalling McAfee Virus Scan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nyrob

I have a question, I uninstalled McAfee Virus Scan, to switch to another virus scan/firewall package. After completing the uninstall of McAfee I am left with a McAfee file (195MB) made up of 3 smaller files, McAfee Office (191MB), McAfee Shared Components (3.92MB) & Virus Scan (1.07Kb). Any ideas if it is possible and safe to get rid of this stuff and also how to do I accomplish this? Thanks for any help.

Try renaming the files/folders; if no problems result just delete them later.

But for some versions of McAfee you might find "manual" uninstall directions on their site -- if you can navigate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online