1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstalling Outlook Express COMPLETELY

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Davey Croquet, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davey Croquet

Davey Croquet Thread Starter

Hello,
    Ok so here is my problem.
    After uninstalling OE i still have a folder in my program files. i have tried using unlocker software which works until i reboot and then the folder magically reappears, but empty!
    i followed some very long winded and complicated instructions i found on the microsoft site and a few other sites like pcstats - going through the registry and renaming all the .dll files, but this also hasn't worked.
    im guessing there is a hidden program somewhere that recreates this folder everytime i reboot my system.
    having it there isnt causing me any problems, its just become a challenge to delete as
    im a bit of a noob to tinkering with windows, and am beginning to realise why ppl hate it so much! In principle i really object, this is my computer and i dont want this folder on it so why shouldnt i be able to delete it?
    any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Davey Croquet

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

After going into add/remove programs, look on the left, there is a button for add/remove windows components. Look in there. If there is outlook express, make sure to uncheck it. Probably have to reboot after doing so.

3. Davey Croquet

Davey Croquet Thread Starter

no i have already done that, thats the thing i have exasperated every possible thing i could do to get rid of this folder and its still keeps reappearing

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice