1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstalling problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blackorchid, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackorchid

blackorchid Thread Starter

i just installed the free real one player but it wasn't working .
    When I click on the shortcut or other nothing happens
    so i tried to delete it and i have the message " an item needed for uninstalling is lacking "

any way to delete this because i tried also from add remove programms and i've got the same message

maybe by using the dos command prompt ? but i don't know what to type in exactly :(

thanks for your help

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Type in search 'real player' and delete any relevant files. If not you may have to go in registry (but ask for help 1st if not done before).

3. blackorchid

i've tried this before ( search and delete relevant items ) but i got the same error message :(

what's this registry stuff ????

thanks for help

4. Rache

Rache Banned

RUN/ type regedit and navigate HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ and look for folder for Real One Player or maker of it and delete, but be very careful not to delete/change anything else. Best advice is to b/up registry 1st.
    Or you can use RegCleaner (free) to clean out registry.

5. blackorchid

ok ... now there's still one item relating to real one in the add remove programs list in the control panel and it's the only one i can't erase :D
    will it be possible ... i like to do things the cleanest way :rolleyes:

6. Rache

Rache Banned

If you can boot into safemode you may be able to delete it there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice