1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalling programs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Arianya, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Arianya

Arianya Thread Starter

Hi there. I have a problem with trying to uninstall a program. When I click on Add/Remove programs and try to remove it the program freezes and won't remove. Is there any other way to get rid of it without messing my system up? I use Win ME.

Thanks!

A~

2. snooker

snooker

Hi ... It might help if you tell us what the program is ?? It might be running a the time you are trying to delete it , If so try to close the program first and then try the add/remove ... See if that will work ... Also did you look under start >>> all program >>> and find the program that you want to delete , see whether it has uninstall there ...

3. Arianya

Arianya Thread Starter

Thanks. It's called Easy Office Suite (supposedly MS Office compatible, but have had nothing but freezing problems trying to use it, so decided to get rid of it) and nope, I don't think it was running when I was trying to delete it. It doesn't have an uninstall under programs either, I checked that too. Also, when I first click Remove program, this huge screen comes up, at the same time the uninstall shield does, giving this huge list of what will happen when I remove it (this will stay, that will stay, this will be gone, etc). It takes up the whole screen, I can't minimize it, I can't move it anywhere but down and that's about when the uninstall shield freezes.

A~

4. AlbertB

AlbertB

Try to go to the Program Files/Easy Office Suite folder on your C: drive and see if there isn't some sort of removal utility there first, usually something like "uninstal.exe", it's a longshot but it may not have been given a shortcut in the Programs setup.

If you go to their site and look at the download page you will find downloads of fixes for many problematic issues. Are you sure you can't fix this with a simple repair patch first?

http://www.e-press.com/downloads/index.html

Do you meet the minimum system requirements in things like Internet Explorer version?

*System Requirements: Pentium or equivalent, Windows 95/98/Me/NT4(SP3+)/2000/XP Home/XP Pro, 32MB RAM.

For EasyVoice5 and EasyVoice Pro voice recognition, a fast CPU (500MHz ok, but 800MHz+ much better) and ample RAM (64MB ok, but 128 or 256MB much better), as well as Windows98 or higher, is recommended.

**EasyOffice will run on most versions of Microsoft® Windows, but requires Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5 (or later) with Active Desktop. If you have Microsoft® Internet Explorer 4 (or earlier), please download a more recent version.

5. Arianya

Arianya Thread Starter

Nope to both. No uninstall in program files and no patch, that I could see. So, I'm going to e-mail them and hope they'll help me This is ridiculous, I've never had this kind of problem removing programs before, grrr!!!

Thanks though!

A~

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!