1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uninstalling trial version of Office 2007 on Windows7 Solved!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Silvergirl14, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvergirl14

Silvergirl14 Thread Starter

This was driving me crazy. I used the uninstall in Control Panel because I didn't want to use it or pay for it. This left the item showing on the list of installed programs. After annoying me for a few weeks, I finally gave in and used the Fix It facility on Microsoft.com This opened the DOS dialogue window and proceeded to delete all sorts of files. Result. No more Office 2007 messages or attmepts to install it. Hooray!!
    (Incidentally my ancient Office 97 Pro loaded pefectly.) But I'm rapidly becoming a Works fan. It does all I need. I can't see me rushing to get Office 2010

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    - you have to pay for works now on windows 7 - thats a time limited trail too

Openoffice is very good and free
    www.openoffice.org

3. Silvergirl14

Silvergirl14 Thread Starter

Hi there. I got Works bundled, not a trial version, so Happy to carry on with it. But thanks for the heads-up. I've tried Open Office too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice