1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uninstalling windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shyman, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shyman

shyman Thread Starter

hiya...heres my problem, my daughters latop is running windows 7 ultimate, it was upgraded from vista. the problem is now that it has got infected with BSOD, ive tried many ways to solve this problem with no luck and my last option i can think of is to uninstall windows 7 and taking it back so its running vista. i know vista is still on the system but what i need to know is how do i go about uninstaling windows 7. there are many sites online with different ways, is there a straight foreward way to do this. hopefully this should solve all the problems on her laptop..
    hope someone can give me advice here

2. ETech7

ETech7

Do you have Vista installation media and key? Installing/uninstalling OS is a bit different from application.

3. shyman

shyman Thread Starter

no, vista was the orignal OS on the laptop before it was upgraded

4. ETech7

ETech7

You will have to get it. Also, take a look at this article.

5. replay

replay

do u mean it has a vista recovery partition???

6. shyman

shyman Thread Starter

im sure it has but not 100%, with the BSOD it does shut the laptop down very often.....how do i know for sure if it has a vista partition

7. replay

replay

8. shyman

shyman Thread Starter

ok, ive got a disc and key,.....do i haveto unistall the previous one on the laptop or will it just overwrite it totally

9. ETech7

ETech7

Tho choice is yours. Usually a clean install is recommended. Boot from the DVD and follow instructions. Refer to this article if you need to.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice