Uninstalling XP service pack 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rob2910

Just out of interest I am currently uninstalling SP2 from a friends computer because it has a Prescott processor and Windows now freezes during boot up.

Having disabled the Level 1 & 2 cache the uninstal has now been running for 61/2 hours and shows no sign of finishing yet :eek:

Anyone any experience of how long this thing may take :confused: do I need a sleeping bag and rations or can I expect it to be done soon :(

crjdriver

Just a guess on my part, however when you install without caching it can take 6-12 hours. I would guess the uninstall will take just about as long. Time to send out for pizza.

rob2910

crjdriver said:
Just a guess on my part, however when you install without caching it can take 6-12 hours. I would guess the uninstall will take just about as long. Time to send out for pizza.
Thanks I'll get my order in :( :D

rob2910

It's just started to actually delete files (y) now the fun begins I guess :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online