1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UNIQUE Disk Boot Faliure, Insert System Disk and press Enter

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AceMcSpades, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AceMcSpades

AceMcSpades Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post on this site, and i want to thank you for your responses in advance.

OK so here is my problem. I know that there have been posts on this topic becfore, however mine is different than the rest of the posts. In the other posts,this has occured on a modified computer, but when it happened to me, it was my unmodded computer. So heres what happened. I boot up, and after the HP screen, instead of going to the windows loading screen, I get a message with alot of text, but the main point was that "a failure was imenent", F1 to continue, F2 to enter setup. So i hit F1 to continue, and after a minute of a blank screen and the blinking text dash, the DISK BOOT FAIlURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK message. But I have never modified my coputer, and never used a setup disk before on this machine. What do you advise I should do?
    BTW:I tried resetting BIOS, but to no avail.

SPECS:
    Older Hp-Pavilion 760n
    WinXP

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Welcome to TSG!!

It kinda sounds like the failure is just beyond imminent. It has occurred. How long did you get the message before it finally died? It was probably telling you that the hard drive was going south. Now you've got some decisions to make. Was there anything important on that drive that was not backed up elsewhere? Do you want to spend money on getting an older system back up and running? Or do you want to see this as the proverbial sign that it's time to buy a new one?

4. AceMcSpades

Thanks for the responses guys, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. OK thanks for the info. It's okay though because there wasnt extremely important data on the computer. Thanks for your help.BTW how would I go about using another pc and set it to a slave drive?

5. AceMcSpades

Hey just wondering, since the hard drive is toast, does any1 know how to get the CDROM out of it, BC i could use it. It's not like anything that ive seen before bc the model is a mini tower, and all the components are mashed together and i see no release switch or anything. Any help would be appriciated.

6. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

7. AceMcSpades

ill give it a try thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/911887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice