Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unique twist to: "No Audio Output Device is installed"

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  mfieldson1 
#1 ·
first i want to comment that that error has strange capitalization issues...

anyway PLEASE HELP!!! I HAVE NO SOUND!

i am running vista home premium 64 on an hp pavillion dv2845se verve entertainment notebook pc and i have the dreaded no audio output BS

when it first started happening, it would come and go as i restarted or hibernated. now its mostly full on sucking.

i have updated drivers, restored to a time before the problem, full system restore (it hurt bad when my 'new' machine came up with that little X)

when the error is up, if i look in device manager, there are no options at all for sound card, game controller, video.... also, it means not only do i not have sound, there is no device to update drivers for.

also, when the error is up, it also causes the Hp Quicktouch On-Screen Display to stop working (is this because the drivers are shared or something?)

stranger still, when the rare chance i do have sound and god's love shines on me, the HP Quicktouch On-Screen Display issue goes away. However i lose the ability to use the headphone jack! (this was just once that i noticed, and since the aforementioned full system restore i have only had sound once and the headphone jack worked, so there...)

i have gone through HP's site and Microsite (ahem...) and gotten nothing. on the forums here, it seems some people have luck downloading the drivers from the makers' site (realtek) but i am running conexant hd smartaudio.

i have included a handy picture so everyone can see the problem and share my pain!

thanks for a quick response!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.