Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unique visitor counter for web page

671 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bassetman 
#1 ·
The visitor counter I was using went down and now I need to find another free vistior counter.

Does anyone know where I can find one or help me set one up. I have downloaded a few that you install and everything runs off of my site but can't figure out how to configure them so they work.

the one I had worked off of the counters site and all I had to do with just insert the script but when it comes to the ones that you have the cgi bin files and all I know nothing about how to set them up and can't figure out their lingo.

Any help or suggestions.

Rick

#3 ·
brendandonhu thanks for the suggestion but what they have is a hit counter. IT counts the number of hits not unique visitors. Unique visitor count will not count someone twice if they go to two different pages of the web site. A hit counter does. IT counts all hits.

Second they want to put ads on my site, I have a free site for all to use and I will not run ads to distract others.

Thank you for your reply and I will keep lookings. I know they are there but the problem is finding them.

#6 ·
I know most have ads but there are a few that don't if I can JUST find them.

I had one and the gentleman that had it lost his server and also the counter program so that ended that one but I know if I keep looking I will find it.

I wanted to put up my own counter but couldn't find anyone to help me set it up so I am back to trying to find one like I want.

The last time took a few days to find it but it was well worth it.

Once again thank you for your help. I will check these out now.

#7 ·
I promise, Ill keep looking for you ;)
Do you want the users to also be able to view the unique visitor count? This stat is usually on the webmaster-only viewable stats. If this is the case, the script still uses an ad on the page, but you might be able to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.