1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unistalling CPU pentium 4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hiltz, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hiltz

Hiltz Thread Starter

Hi here's my problem..

I have a custom pentium 4 hyper threading computer with 2.4 processor and I've had some unexpetible problems with the computer.

So, I was told by Asus to send my Asus motherboard to them, they would then check it out and if it is defective or broken, they will send me a new one in exchange.

Now for the problem -
    I have unplugged everything from all the wires and cables, to the sound card, ethernet card, and graphics card. I can't seem to take out the CPU though. I can't simply pull it out because it is some how hooked and attached to the motherboard, the motherboard/CPU manuel doesn't state how to unplug the CPU. My CPU is a intel pentium 4 hyper- threading technology with a heatsink. If anyone knows how to take out a cpu, it would be most appriciated.

I can't send my motherboard to Asus until I take out the CPU. - thanks for anyone's assistance, thanks.

2. brianF

brianF

3. Hiltz

Hiltz Thread Starter

thanks for the link. It seems kind of complex and I'd rather not take the risk of bending or breaking the cpu lol so I'll ask my friend to do it on monday, thanks for ur help.

4. mattgoble

mattgoble

Hi,

I've just found these forums, and have run into a related problem with my P4 Heatsink.

Basically, either my motherboard or processor has died, so I have gone to remove the fan / heatsink system (A Coolermaster). The fan unclips easier than the plastic system shown on Intel's website, but the heatsink appears firmly attached to the chip! I'm guessing that the thermal pad melts to produce a better 'seal' but it means when I lift the heatsink out - which requires a litter force, the heatsink comes up with the chip attached to the underside.

Obviously this means I've removed the chip without lifting the ZIF bar, but I don't see how else it would be possible to remove the heatsink - there is no lateral space for me to 'wiggle' the heatsink as suggested in the intel article.

Any ideas, comments or advice?

Many Thanks

Matt

5. BAM

BAM

hey there post a new thread about it and some one will help you :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice