1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unistalling

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by thampiverghese, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thampiverghese

thampiverghese Thread Starter

Hi,I have Trend PC-Cillin 98 as an antivirus program.I tried to uninstal it by add/remove.It said cannot uninstal because the program is corrupted.Tried through the uninstal of the program.Same message.Tried a third party software.It also said cannot uninstal.Is there anything else that can be done to remocve it? Thanks.

2. RSM123

RSM123

You could possibly try reinstalling to repair the install - then uninstall.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. skyman

skyman

flavallee has given you probably the best tip.

If the program does not have an uninstall option and your 3rd party, I assume NAV, will not let you, this would be the way to go...

Peruse his site for other fixes...

5. thampiverghese

Hi RSM 123,I still have the disc.So do I just install the program and then uninstal?Would the 2nd instal create a duplicate folder?
    I couldn't do the regedit way because I already cleaned the registry.
    Skyman,I used the uninstal in a registry cleaner.What is NAV?
    Thanks for all replies.I am waiting for the last resort of deleting the folder.If that creates any problem with shared files would restoring the deleted folder from recycle bin solve it?Thanks.

6. skyman

skyman

NAV is Norton Antivirus and when combined with Norton Systems Works, it has an unistall feature.

Be careful of Reg Cleaners unless you know just what you are doing..

Stay with the thread for some answers...

7. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

As for deleting the whole folder, IF you want to be on the safe rename the folder to something like "TO BE DELETED". Since this changes the path name, any calls to filles within that folder will go unanswered due to an invalid path.

Run a few days to a week like this and see what, if anything complains. When you are satasfied that everything is OK then go ahead and delete the folder.

This is much the same concept as remaning a file to filename.old.

Good Luck (y)

8. thampiverghese

Thanks to all.I unchecked trend PC-cillin from startup so that it doesn't load at start up.The computer is working perfect now.I am going to cool it for a while before trying the manual uninstal.Thanks.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice