Unity Not Opening - DLL files are missing

VishwajeetIndia

Hello!

First, let me give the details of my system, then I will explain the problem.

Details of the system:

WM-Screenshots-20210727082000.png

WM-Screenshots-20210727082640.png

WM-Screenshots-20210727082810.png
WM-Screenshots-20210727082822.png

Problem:

It is a very severe problem for me. Let me explain it more briefly.

I am learning to program. and Unity is the software that is used for game development.

I used Unity for game development for a few days, and it worked fine as it should.

One day, when I tried to open unity, it showed project path was not found. But my project was still there. I had some other projects other than game development in my mind so I left it.
It kinda remained like that for a bunch of days. But my project path was alright and described.

First, understand these things, in case you aren't aware of unity.
Unity has two applications, Unity Hub and The Unity Editor.
Unity hub stores and lets you manage all your projects. The unity editor is used for game development. When you try to open the unity editor without selecting the project, it opens up Unity hub to select a project or create a new project.

When I try to open a project in Unity hub, the unity hub closes and nothing happens.
When I try to open unity editor itself, it shows the error:

vcruntime144dll.png

msvcp140dll.png

These two dll files are missing when I try to open the unity or unity editor that these dll files are missing.

What I guess is, that during installation some of the files are automatically being deleted.

I tried these solutions to try and solve the problem myself:

I tried installing those dll files.

i installed those files from dll-files.com about vcruntime and mscvp, and added it to the program files in unity folder in which unity exists there.

When I installed those, this error came

WM-Screenshots-20210726081757.png

I tried uninstalling and re-installing.

I tried uninstalling all folders related to unity and unity hub and uninstalling all it's data and re-installing it again. I tried it 5 times. It showed the same error about those
dll files.

I tried installing different versions of unity

No matter which version i installed on my computer, it showed the same error.

I tried disabling the antivirus

I disabled the antivirus real-time scan (I use McAfee Antivirus) which scans for newly downloaded files. It still, didn't work and it showed the same error.

Please help me. This website is my last hope. No one is able to help me out as they don't have similar problems.

Hello!

First, let me give the details of my system, then I will explain the problem.

Details of the system:

View attachment 289630

View attachment 289631

View attachment 289632
View attachment 289633

Problem:

It is a very severe problem for me. Let me explain it more briefly.

I am learning to program. and Unity is the software that is used for game development.

I used Unity for game development for a few days, and it worked fine as it should.

One day, when I tried to open unity, it showed project path was not found. But my project was still there. I had some other projects other than game development in my mind so I left it.
It kinda remained like that for a bunch of days. But my project path was alright and described.

First, understand these things, in case you aren't aware of unity.
Unity has two applications, Unity Hub and The Unity Editor.
Unity hub stores and lets you manage all your projects. The unity editor is used for game development. When you try to open the unity editor without selecting the project, it opens up Unity hub to select a project or create a new project.

When I try to open a project in Unity hub, the unity hub closes and nothing happens.
When I try to open unity editor itself, it shows the error:

View attachment 289634

View attachment 289635

These two dll files are missing when I try to open the unity or unity editor that these dll files are missing.

What I guess is, that during installation some of the files are automatically being deleted.

I tried these solutions to try and solve the problem myself:

I tried installing those dll files.

i installed those files from dll-files.com about vcruntime and mscvp, and added it to the program files in unity folder in which unity exists there.

When I installed those, this error came

View attachment 289636

I tried uninstalling and re-installing.

I tried uninstalling all folders related to unity and unity hub and uninstalling all it's data and re-installing it again. I tried it 5 times. It showed the same error about those
dll files.

I tried installing different versions of unity

No matter which version i installed on my computer, it showed the same error.

I tried disabling the antivirus

I disabled the antivirus real-time scan (I use McAfee Antivirus) which scans for newly downloaded files. It still, didn't work and it showed the same error.

Please help me. This website is my last hope. No one is able to help me out as they don't have similar problems.
I was having similar problem with Node js after installing Visual Studio but I don't want to uninstall VS because I installed it very hard because of the lack of network so

But You can uninstall VS and reinstall Visual Studio IF you have VS and if you selected Unity in components when installing it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online