1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

University wireless, Ethernet in my room?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gorship, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorship

Gorship Thread Starter

Hello! first post, this forum looks cool..good place to post my little info i know and learn a lot!

so my question is as follows

Im at univsersity living on Residence, there is wireless all throughout the campus but in my room there is an ethernet port (im assuming thats the term). anyway, so i tried plugging my ethernet cable in and ...nothing happened...now is something suppost to happen? or...what? lol just curious!

thanks a bunch!

Gorship

2. Gombot

Gombot It's My Birthday!

Hi Gorship,

This is definitely a question for your University tech staff. If it is an ethernet port, and it was connected properly to the University network, you should be able to make a connection.

But it might just be a disconnected leftover of your University's pre-wireless days . . .

3. L8ian

L8ian

hi,
    Have you checked in your computer for the wireless adapter.. Please check wther the wireless adapter is installed or not. Because the ethernet port is slot where you can make a connection.

Go to network connection, check is tehre any icon called Wireless network connection is available or not.

If not there is problem in the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice