1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown device on WIFI network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hayrob, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayrob

hayrob Thread Starter

So I'm trying to figure out a device that is listed on my wifi network. The device hostname changes from Iphone-1 all the way to iPhone-12 in sequential order, but the MAC address and IP address stays the same. The IP address for it has more numbers than the other phones that are connected. For example, my iphone IP address is structured 00.0.0.00 but the unknown iPhone device is 00.0.0.000.
    I'm not sure if it's possible to have multiple SIM cards for one phone for different carriers, but I'm wondering if this device is trackable or I can find out if this connection is being used from a phone already on our network. There is also a new device connected occasionally that is Arcadyen-E51D that I have no idea what it is. If anybody knows what this could possibly be or where I can look up the info from the IP address and/or MAC address, that would be helpful as well!
    Desperate to figure this out! Thank you :)

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

They could be wireless devices from your local area, just because they show up as a wireless device doesn't mean they are actually connected to your network.

Arcadyen seems to be a maker of network equipment like routers so that could near to you too.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What screen(s) are you seeing these devices in?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice