1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown Display Card issue...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomfan203, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomfan203

tomfan203 Thread Starter

Unknown Display Card issue
    yesterday my display suddenly became 8 tiles with 800 x 480 resolution in each...
    i've googled on the web and found that that's nvidia standard problem...
    that drives me crazy...it happens wherever my screen is on...even on the bios screen...
    how can i solve it ?

[​IMG]

my laptops' specs :
    model : lenovo 3000 y410
    gpu : nvidia geforce 8400m gs
    cpu : intel core 2 duo t7250 @ 2.00ghz
    monitor : 14.1" wxga vibrant view
    ram : 2gb ddr2
    vram : 128mb
    hdd : 5400rpm 2.5"

2. Bradthecru

Bradthecru

Hello,

I did some searching around for this issue, and like you, I found no definite answer.

The most likely cause of the issue from what I have read is a heat related issue. If you shut down the machine and remove power, then reconnect everything after awhile, does the same issue happen?

You also might contact Lenovo to see if there is a "hot key" that force tiles the screen, but they don't have published anywhere.

Sorry that I couldn't find a better answer for you, but hopefully one of these two ideas will help you resolve this issue.

3. tomfan203

tomfan203 Thread Starter

i've tried to remove the battery and the charger for 5 mins then put them back in, nth happen...
    same problem...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986020