Unknown .exe in startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ron the Geek

Occasionally, as with this file, when I Google it or look for info elsewhere, I can find NOTHING. I mean, "no matches meet your search criteria." This one is: ost1f144.exe. Anyone out there know what this little bad boy is? It's shown as being in \Windows\System32... Think I'll uncheck it for the time being... Thanks!
RTG :cool:

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, There some places online you can upload a file at a time for a quick check by some of the best antivirus and antispyware engines available.

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

You use the Browse button at either site, and then you navigate to the file location using Windows Explorer, click once on the file to highlight it and the path will show in the scanner space> hit Submit (upload) and it will quickly check. It's like attaching a file or uploading a picture.

Use the results for that file as a guide.

Don't confuse the list of malware scanned recently- that is from all locations...not your file.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
More than likely a virus.

Is this the same machine we've been trying to run Hijack This on?

Ron the Geek

CB81: No, this is an IBM ThinkCentre. First IBM I've worked on in a long time...used to sell'em—way back in the PS2 days. Have to say that I love the "push-button" access panel. Byteman: I'll give that a try but that machine isn't on my bench at the moment but it'll be back up later today...probably... Thanks as always, guys and I'll let ya know how it goes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online