1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unknown files/applications

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by slim30097, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slim30097

slim30097 Thread Starter

"newbie" needs assistance. last steps cleaning up big mess. Wal Mart size inventory of crapware. Have two files left with following names:

iic23.exe
    iic56.exe

eveytime I delete new ones created with iic & new number. Have tried McAfee VirusScan & Spybot. These programs have identified & deleted but new ones keep appearing. The only reason I keep finding them is my firewall's warning regarding their attempts to"phone home". Have blocked them with my firewall but would like to deal with the source.
    Would really like to personally introduce myself to their creator. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Have researched this site, answersthatwork & pacman. Sorry if I missed something - still trying to learn. Also I could not have possibly gotten this far without the advice gleaned from this site & others like it. Wish I could afford to buy drinks for everyone (could not imagine anyone doing this without having a belt or rwo). Thanks to everyone for all the help. I know you were answering someone else's issue but amazingly enough it helped me too.

My OS is WinXP. Security is McAfee VirusScan & Personal Firewall. The firewall was added several months after purchase (I know - learn from it). Further info provided on request.

Best wishes,

Slim30097

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. PlatinumDrag

PlatinumDrag

Load up in safe mode and remove them, this happens when you remove, close or delete some things but the exe remains. When you launch in safe mode the comp only loads what it needs to run.

Giving you the chance to finally get rid of it before it starts again.

4. JohnO28356

JohnO28356

Neither of those files shows up in Google. If Safe Mode doesn't work, d/l and install the 30 day free test of Registry Crawler, search, find, and delete from registry. Back up registry first, however.

5. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

hey johno28356, how do you back up the registry?

6. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

ok nm i figured it out =)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!