1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown filesystem error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by borderlineaddict, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borderlineaddict

borderlineaddict Thread Starter

i have a 4GB verbatim flashdrive and i know it works because i was using it a few days ago. idk if its because im using a different computer or somethin but im getting Unknown Filesystem error, and it asks me to format. i dont want to format because iv got important stuff on it. does any one know of a way to fix this error? if you can then please help. if not then please go on the the next part.

does anyone know of any program that will browse through the files of something that may or may not be formated? (im refering to my flash drive above)
    i know there has to be a way to do so because if you put chromium (google chrome OS) on a flash drive it makes it look unformated, but you can still boot from it and all (that is not what i did to my flash drive above.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice