1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown hard error C1000135, looking for salvage

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thisisverybad, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thisisverybad

thisisverybad Thread Starter

Alright, I think my problem isnt anything new from all I saw from google and all.
    The problem Im having now is getting an Unknown hard error C0000135 just after the windows loading logo screen and before the welcome message.

I couldnt access anything on my drive (cant safe boot and such) except using that mindgrinding recovery tool from windows cdboot.

So after installing a new Windows on the same HD (of a different type:language of the OS Im trying to recover) under C:\Windows2\ , I have done everything to understand what im up to and what I can do to make the thing work...

Well I have a good guess of what triggered all the problems. I was having a problem with my windows media player 10 that was taking all the CPU while doing nothing, which made me go on the wild to fix it. First I thought it was coming from the fact that I did a rollback from wmp11 a long while ago. Then I was stupid enough to read the microsofts guide to uninstall an entry called Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack 1.0. That was after I uninstalled 2 microsoft updates for wmp10 which I also thought might be a problem. But my real mystake was maybe that, as I saw that wmp10 was still completely bugged, I reinstalled wmp10 in continuation to see if in fact it would bring me an uninstall option which was missing... without rebooting my comp after each procedures.
    Then immediately after reboot, my comp was messed up and locked up for good.

SO, what I came up from my sad story is this.
    I think its related with those 3 uninstalls:

C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB917734_WMP10$\spuninst
    C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB936782_WMP10$\spuninst
    C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWudf01000$\spuninst (Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack 1.0)

which I managed to get from Wudf01000UnInst.log

After passing a long time to boot, reboot, read the huge data list and such, I came up to the conclusion that the windows repair function was best solution (if it actually works). However, I had 2 windows xp copies in my disposition, and both were not compatible to repair my main OS (only tells me if I want to install a new OS while there is another one already, no repairing option). And if im writing now, its because I dont have the compatible boot disk.
    My main OS is a Windows Xp Home Edition SP 2, actually upgraded from a Japanese version of SP1 if it matters.

So now I have 2 choices: try to get in some ways a bootdisk that is compatible to my OS and hope that it will repair everything up, OR to try to manually fix up the mess by copying the missing dll/exe/sys (not really sure if I can manually fix the registry myself..)

My guess is that the main problem comes from the uninstalling of Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack 1.0, Im currently trying to look for those files which it deleted:
    16.634: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfcoinstaller.dll
    16.784: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfhost.exe
    16.824: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfplatform.dll
    16.864: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfsvc.dll
    17.025: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfx.dll
    17.115: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wudfpf.sys
    17.265: Deleted file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wudfrd.sys

and maaaybe it could at least become recoverable with [chkdsk /r] (which I already tried and failed).

Furthermore, Im afraid that, by installing an additional OS in the same drive, it erased all the main OS registry, in which case my only solution would be to completely repair or reinstall.

Sorry for my long post. All in all I would like to ask 3 things.

-IS my OS and data still possible to recover?
    I especially want to retrieve the data stored in Documents and Settings\Owner which denies me the access from the new OS. I fear the worst when it says that the folder is empty, but the fact hard drive disk space still is occupying its size, I prefer to keep my hope.

-Could anyone send me C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudfhost.exe ,
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wudfpf.sys and
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wudfrd.sys ?
    So I still can try to proceed my desperate measures.
    Those 3 files I didnt manage to find on download.

-IS there anyother way im missing to deal with all this? If the problem only comes from that WMP10 installs and uninstalls, maybe there could be something that can be done with other tricks out of my knowledge.

Thanks for reading. I would really want to recover everything, as this kind of thing is happening now for my 3rd time , and some few little mistakes destroying everything is really irrittating. However Im still ready to accept the worst....

I would appreciate any help

Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

That type of error is almost never seen from software. The hard drive may be faulty and about to fail completely. Be sure that your backups are all current. Test it.

Free Hard Drive Testing Applications:

Manufacturer's Tests
    Victoria for DOS
    Victoria for Windows (Both versions of Victoria are among the best and most thorough tests available.)
    HD Tune
    CheckDisk 1.03 (Marks bad sectors as unusable.)
    HDAT2 (Diagnostics and bad sector recovery)
    MHDD Low-level Diagnostics
    Bootable Hitachi Drive Fitness Test Floppy or CD Image (works on most drives)

Hard Drive Manufacturers' Diagnostic Utilities Links:

TachTech
    BleepingComputer

3. thisisverybad

thisisverybad Thread Starter

Hd tune showed all green,
    Victoria windows gave only green or better (about 300 greens)
    I will be doing a final test with fujitsu tools (my manufacturer).

So can someone check if they got those 3 files?
    After that final atempt I will go look for a compatible windows disk.

4. KGraj

KGraj

Boy do I...IF you have a hard drive failure, and IF you need to retrieve info from your hard drive and think you will have to pay for it, my wonderful spouse found my answer to this problem and it is FREE! Have a new hard drive ready to hook up to dump all your info onto!

here is all the info I have on it, it WORKS, it retrieved photos and files from a 300 GB hard drive that was 200 GB full.

TestDisk, Data Recovery
    TestDisk is OpenSource software and is licensed under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL).
    TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
    TestDisk can
    Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
    Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
    Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
    Fix FAT tables
    Rebuild NTFS boot sector
    Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
    Fix MFT using MFT mirror
    Locate ext2/ext3 Backup SuperBlock
    Undelete files from FAT filesystem
    Copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3 partitions.
    TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.

Operating systems
    TestDisk can run under
    DOS (either real or in a Windows 9x DOS-box),
    Windows (NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista),
    Linux,
    FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
    SunOS and
    MacOS
    Source files and precompiled binary executables are available for DOS, Win32, MacOSX and Linux from the download page

Filesystems
    TestDisk can find lost partitions for all of these file systems:
    BeFS ( BeOS )
    BSD disklabel ( FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD )
    CramFS, Compressed File System
    DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
    HFS, HFS+ and HFSX, Hierarchical File System
    JFS, IBM's Journaled File System
    Linux ext2 and ext3
    Linux LUKS encrypted partition
    Linux RAID md 0.9/1.0/1.1/1.2
    RAID 1: mirroring
    RAID 4: striped array with parity device
    RAID 5: striped array with distributed parity information
    RAID 6: striped array with distributed dual redundancy information
    Linux Swap (versions 1 and 2)
    LVM and LVM2, Linux Logical Volume Manager
    Mac partition map
    Novell Storage Services NSS
    NTFS ( Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 )
    ReiserFS 3.5, 3.6 and 4
    Sun Solaris i386 disklabel
    Unix File System UFS and UFS2 (Sun/BSD/...)
    XFS, SGI's Journaled File System

Documentation
    How to get TestDisk
    Download - Binary executables and source files are available for DOS, Win32, MacOSX and Linux.
    TestDisk compilation
    TestDisk and Live rescue cd
    Working with special media
    Recover Damaged Hard Disks (bad sectors)
    Disk image
    CD-R/CR-RW/DVD...

Using TestDisk
    OS specific notes
    TestDisk Step by Step
    Running the TestDisk Program
    Recovery examples
    Scripted run
    Support
    After using TestDisk
    Technical Notes
    Intel Partition Table
    Microsoft Fdisk
    SMART monitoring
    Norton GoBack
    Current Limitations
    How to help

TestDisk & PhotoRec In The News
    TestDisk Team
    To recover lost pictures or files from digital camera or harddisk, run the PhotoRec command

It took TWO WEEKS to run this program on my 300 GB hard drive, so do't get discouraged, it was worth it; it saved me at LEAST 500$ and I have previously had quotes of 1200$ and more on smaller drives. Be sure to read ALL the info on this program. Good luck!

TestDisk home: http://www.cgsecurity.org.
    Christophe GRENIER [email protected]
    Category: Data Recovery

P.S. Hopefully after the first of the year we can make a donation to Christophe Grenier and to this site for saving our [email protected]!

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

No one can give you any Windows files since they are licensed.

You might try reinstalling Windows (repair) and then the programs that are causing trouble.

But until the hard drive is sound, nothing will work right. Try a manufacturer's drive test and do a complete scan from a bootable medium.

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!