1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown IP-adresses in Routing table?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kolrib, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolrib

kolrib Thread Starter

I have a wireless network, I use a Linksys router.

When I click on "Advanced routing" (in the router interface), I see that two similar IP adress (one ends with .0 and the other ends with .1) are there which I am not familiar with. One is in the "Destination table" and one is in the "Gateway table". While I am not familiar with the IP-adresses, they are similar to my IP-adress which I have (the only difference is the last number, while the other IP-adresses ended with .0 and .1 my ends with .50).

What are those IP-adresses? Are those the IP-adress my ISP use, for me, to connect to? But if so, why two of them?
    Or more concrete, what should I see in the Routing table?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're certainly not giving us much to go on. Is this a serious question?

If you are talking about 192.168.1.1 that's the router's LAN address and 192.168.1.0 is the "network" address, a reserved IP that is the lowest address in the IP address range.

3. kolrib

kolrib Thread Starter

No I am not talking about the 192 IP-adresses.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!