1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown NIC card in old win98 box

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Piringa, Apr 20, 2004.

?

What shall Mr Piringa do?

1. Get a new nic card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Screw windows install mandrake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. keep looking for the driver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Open the box and see if you can find out what kind of NIC it is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

I dont know what kind of nic this old box of mine has and I have no idea how to find out what it is or what brand it is. I used belarc advisor but I couldnt find anything it probably just looks for installed components. It used to work but I formated and did a dresh install of win98 but now my nic card doesnt work. Does anyone know if I can get a generic 10/100 driver for this nic card? I dont remember all that good but I think I might have seen its name in the device manager as Lynksys or d link but to be real Im not sure at all.

I have tried all the lynksys drivers available in win 98 (fresh install) . It is a pci adapted NIC. Should I just buy a new NIC card? I have mandrake 9.1 and I have never tried it should I use that OS instead?

2. brianF

brianF

Open the machine, pull it out and get the make and model of it. Then go to the manufacturers website and download the correct drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice