1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown pc reboots with boot disk failure error?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by k_vocalist, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_vocalist

k_vocalist Thread Starter

Hey, i posted days ago cause i kept on getting this random cut outs on my pc, now i thought it was down to software but i guess its not.....my pc is now greatly cleaned by some help on here and im still encounting this issue.

When it cuts out, i can be either burning a dvd or trying to, surfing the web and it will jus cut and go right to a grey screen with not displayed, in order to restart it i press it manually and it displays a message BOOT DISK FAILURE, Put in system cd and press enter! but it will not restart at all until ive turned it off completly and turned it back on again. Im lost and i cannot burn a dvd or anything with out it cutting it, it seems to happen alot if im running a type of software.

any help is good help, thanks

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Boot into recovery console . At the prompt type :

attrib -r -s -h c:\boot.ini
    del c:\boot.ini
    bootcfg /rebuild
    -at the first prompt press "y" enter
    -at the second prompt type what you want to name your windows installation (anything you want)
    -at the third prompt type /fastdetect
    fixboot
    -at the prompt press y
    fixmbr
    -at the prompt press y

exit

3. k_vocalist

k_vocalist Thread Starter

hey, so booth with the cd and type fixboot? thanks ill try that. it wont do anything bad to my pc will it

cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice