Unknown problem connecting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gethedge

For some reason I seem to be having difficulty connecting to the campus network on one of my computers.

It is running 98se. The lights on the NIC are as follows:
link - solid on
act - flashing quickly
100 - off
FDX - off

I have tryed installing Windows on top of itself to no avail. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Have you tried contacting your campus for help. They probably have specific settings that you need to enter in the computer. The one thing I can suggest is that you browse to device manager and delete the network adapter from there, then reboot. Once it reboots it will find the network adapter again and reinstall it, along with the tcp/ip stack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online