Unknown Process (ngyut.exe)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Koroshiya

Rob
Some of my games started randomly crashing, so I ran a virus check and it found ngyut.exe in my system32 folder. I didn't recognize the file so I googled it, nothing. I did a search here, nothing...

Is anyone else familiar with this file? Is it standard or is it viral? Looks fishy, to me. AVG isn't quite sure what exactly is wrong with it.

Koroshiya

Rob
Hmmm... Well, it came up as fine. I'm still curious as to what it's for, though. :)
Code:
File size: 0 bytes
MD5: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
SHA1: da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709
Thanks, Doc!

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
You can sometimes get a clue why the file is there by right clicking the file, then Properties and look at title, version, company, etc. A HijackThis log will sometimes indicate what the file is for too.

Koroshiya

Rob
It's a DOS-Prompt... It shows nothing more than that.:confused:

Its in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ngyut.exe

Does anyone have it, as well?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online