1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unknown Security Prompt - Please help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Karline, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Karline

Karline Thread Starter

I hope this is the correct forum section to ask this question. When I log on to certain forums or websites, the following window pops up:

"Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device"

Despite searching around I have been unable to find out which program sends this prompt and how I can get rid of it.

I run Windows XP / AVG Free / Trojan Hunter / AdAware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Is this on Firefox?
    Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Remove Master Password

3. Karline

Karline Thread Starter

brendandonhu, thanks! You were right. The problem is I never set a Master Password on Firefox. After your reply I went into the Mozilla Firefox forum and found an article that tells me that this is a known bug with Firefox and I fixed it by using the method they described. It means I lost all my saved passwords and forms etc but that seems a small price to pay.

Thank you so much!

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice