Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown USB-device (device descriptor request failed)

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  VerseKebab 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey
1.)So my mouse(Corsair Harpoon RGB) was recently just working fine until one night i unplugged it and put it into computer and on that computer it didnt work so i went back to my laptop to plug it in there, but it showed the same problem it didnt respond the logo didn't light up so i went to the device manager and it said *title. So how do i fix this is there something with my mouse is there something with my software?
Oh yea and on top of that i have 2 more issues that i jut can't solve by myself.

2.) Unknown USB-device(port reset failed)
3.)DVD Drive(optical drive) doesnt show up on the device manager but it sounds like it's working and it opens and closes.
4.)Front ports of my PC doesnt work if i plug an USB in it doesnt do anything (it does work perfectly in the back)

I don't know though if i should make more threads but they somewhat relate to each other,
that's why they are just in 1 thread. If you need to ask any question, need pictures , my specifications or anything else just ask me.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards Hao.

See less See more
#2 ·
For the two problems: USB ports on the front don't work and DVD drive doesn't show up in device manager, I'd say your best bet is to open up the computer case.

Check that the front USB ports are wired to the motherboard. Then check if the DVD drive has all the connections (if it opens and closes, you know it has power) but what about a connection to the motherboard?

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-install-an-internal-cddvd-drive-in-your-computer/
SATA and IDE cables shown.

#6 ·
Did you open up the computer and check the wiring on the front USB ports?

Open Devices and Printers and take a screenshot.

If a USB mouse and 2 external drives, all connected by USB fail to work, I think you have a USB port failure on your hands. That's why you need to open up the case and get the front ports straightened out.

You only show 1 hoofdhub (I assume that is Root Hub in English). My computer with 4 ports on the front and 4 in the back has two.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...tioning-correctly-when-multiple-devices-conne

#7 ·
I checked the wiring and it was put in correctly,.

But i used it the DVD drives on my laptop too, so is still an USB port failure or a driver issue?

Okay so now it won't show up anywhere it should've been listed as port reset failed but now nothing happens with both of them neither will anything show up at Devices and Printers.

Attachments

#8 ·
Do the DVD drives work on a laptop but not on the desktop computer?

If so, then the desktop computer has non-functioning USB ports because 3 things fail to work in any USB port on your desktop computer.

This "fix" sounds bizarre but it has worked for a few people I've helped. This is for desktop computers only, not laptops.

Make sure the desktop computer is turned off. Pull the power plug from the wall and let it out for 30 minutes. Then plug the computer back in with only the USB mouse connected.

Does the mouse work? If so, try one of the DVD drives.

If the mouse doesn't work, then my last suggestion is to install a card with USB ports so you have working USB ports in your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.