Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)

PrancerTran

got a tp link wifi dongle
showing up as device descripto request failed
tried on multiple computers. same issue
uninstalled from device manager. reinstalled. scanned for hardware changes. unable to update driver as it is not getting detected. driver shouldnt be much of an issue i think because last evening it automatically stopped working. was working fine before that

kindly help..

The device descriptor needs to be able to be read before a computer can use it.

How, it's a sealed unit encased in an epoxy type substance. It was never meant to be repaired. Heck, it'd probably cost more to try and repair it than a whole box of new ones.

"He's dead Jim."

PrancerTran

haha.. no i meant internally through the os.. other than the steps ive already tried

PrancerTran

damn so this is because there is a physical issue ? weird something happened physically while this thing was in use

Happened to me last week with a corded Harbor Freight drill motor. It simply up and quit in the middle of drilling an 1/8" hole in a piece of plastic. Come to find out it is only designed to last 25 working hours. Then that's it. It's done. Happens to pretty much everything, even us. That's life. <shrug>

PrancerTran

damn.. sorry abt your loss.. hope youre fine now man.. take good care..
oh and thanks with the help on my dead wifi dongle.. 🙏

Thanks but, it wasn't mine. I was helping a neighbor fix his dog house with his <el'cheapo> tools. (Ya get what you pay for). I went and got one of my Milwaukee drill motors to finish the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online