1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unkown Zone-IE5.5

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Janet Gardiner, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Janet Gardiner

Janet Gardiner Thread Starter

I'm using Internet Explorer 5.5 and a cable modem. Some web pages take forever to load and that's when the words "unknown zone" are down in the right hand corner of the page. I have not changed any of the default settings in security in IE. I did not have this problem with the previous version. No help from the Microsoft knowledge base. Could anyone help me with this problem? Thanks

2. frenat

frenat

Those websites probably have ads from different servers running on them. For some reason, you are unable to contact all of the servers associated with the webpage. Some of them might be down. That is why it takes so long to load. That is also why it says unknown zone. It does not know if the servers it could not contact should be in the resticted zone, trusted zone, etc. so it says unknown.

------------------
    Frenat
    ------------------
    Eagles may fly high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

3. Janet Gardiner

Thanks Frenat for your speedy answer. You are the only one that gave me a down to earth answer to my question. Thanks loads!!

4. DonCroozione

DonCroozione

Make sure that when you downloaded IE 5.5 that it did not reconfigure your network settings. I downloaded it at work and it changed my proxy address port number for some odd reason. The connections tab on your Internet properties sheet is the place to check. At the bottom is LAN settings. Therein resides the server address or whether you detect autmatically. Check with your cable provider to obtain the correct settings. Maybe this helped ya out, I sure hope so!

------------------
    To all who pass through, instead of around, the journey makes the end very sweet indeed.

5. Janet Gardiner

Thanks go to you also DonCroozione. I will check those settings and make sure they agree with the cable company's specs.
    Janet

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/31183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice