Unlock Bios???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xXComputerGuyXx

My specs are...

Intel i7 2720qm
8GB ram
1TB HHD
Windows 10
Bios: InsydeH2o setup utility rev. 3.5 (R0200Z9)
---Sony Vaio PCG71913l (EH25FM)

I have noticed that i was missing a few options my the bios (which i think is normal). I read some where that you can unlock your bios. Is it possible if i can unlock mine? I want to do this becuse i am running legacy mode, not UEFI, and i am missing that option in my bios. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
No you can't. WELL maybe...it's extremely risky however and could brick your board, rendering it completely useless.

However, you probably don't have that option because you're likely running an OEM ROM on that BIOS.

crjdriver

OEM boards hide settings such as bclk or fsb settings, voltage settings, etc. While it is technically possible to edit or mod a bios, doing so requires a pretty high level of skill.
One incorrect keystroke and you render your board unbootable ie junk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online