1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unlock Computer ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by XP Virgin, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XP Virgin

XP Virgin Thread Starter

Dear All

As a first time poster, be gentle.

I have Windows XP Pro and I am forever being asked when leaving the computer for 30 minutes or so to " unlock computer" when I have to then enter my password. :confused:

To be honest with you I am sick to death of having to do it and have tried to remove it but am not competent enough to do so.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP PLEEEEEEASE (y)

2. daveware

daveware

Hi

Do a right click on your screen and select the "screensaver" tab and see if there is a tick in "on resume, password protect", if there is, remove it, Click "apply" and then "ok"

If there is no screensaver selected and no tick in the box.....click on the "power" button then select the "advanced" tab and remove the tick from "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" then click on "apply" then "ok" ..... then "ok" again.

You should maybe check both options just to make sure you get it sorted in "one hit"

Dave

3. alamal

alamal

Hey Virgin, go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts. Click on your profile and click on Remove password.
    Hope this helps.
    Take care and may God bless,
    Peter :D

4. $lim

$lim

XP Virgin
    nice name

5. natcom

natcom

dont worry we take that Virgin part of your name in no time :)

6. XP Virgin

XP Virgin Thread Starter

Daveware,

Cheers Mate did as you said but too no avail. Still computer locks me out and I have to enter my username and password to use the computer.

Alamal,

Did as you said and the same applied, still had too unlock the computer. God bless

$lim,

Thanks it was nothing :rolleyes:

Natcom,

:eek:

Still need more help.

Cheers

XP Virgin.

7. XP Virgin

XP Virgin Thread Starter

Daveware,

You said

Do a right click on your screen and select the "screensaver" tab and see if there is a tick in "on resume, password protect", if there is, remove it, Click "apply" and then "ok"

Didn't read it properly so have now tried this option, will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Cheers.

8. XP Virgin

XP Virgin Thread Starter

Daveware,

Cheers mate problem now sorted. Many thanks for your time and all the others that bothered to reply.

Thank you.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!