Unlock Password (2)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Schnitzu

AvvY said:
There is a solution to this, but I would be having words with the computer repair person who set this up. If they say they didn't do it, they are lying. It is their responsebility.
Hi Avvy.

I would like to see the solution to this. I have run accross a similar situation. Here is the story.

Brother-in-law 1 got a new Dell computer for Xmas. Good for him. He gave his old Pentium III machine (Win2K pro) to Brother-in-law 2. B-I-L 2 tried to set himself up a user name and password, but he must have done something wrong.

Now, whenever he boots, he gets the logon screen with 'administrator' in the user name field. Trying to log on with no password does not work. Trying to log on with the name and password he tried to set up for himself does not work. We can not get past the log on screen.

It appears to me that my situation is analagous to Wildaboutu's, but I have no repair-tech guy to blame.

You say there is a solution. Please share it with us.

Thanks. ...Schnitzu

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

According to the Dell handbook for my Dimension XPS, there is a password jumper on the motherboard. You can use it to reset passwords by moving the jumper cables around, rebooting the computer, then shutting it down and hooking the cables back up to be able to set up a new password.

I'm not sure if this applies to your case or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online