unlock windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

I have changed my windowsxp password, now i am unable to login with new password, just states a login error due to user name or password not being valid.

is there any other account on the computer that you can lgin with. if you can go to run and type control userpasswords2 this will bring up a utility where you are able to reset passwords without knowing them. also do you still have the welcome screen activated- when you have to sign into windows do you have a little icon next to your login name or does a box pop up in the middle of the screen where you have to manualy enter your username and password?

Bryan

Bryan
Or if you've included a number in your new password, be sure to use the number keys above the letters not the key pad on the right because NumLock won't be on at that point.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online