1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unlocking a PCI Express X850 Pro...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zman1764, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zman1764

Zman1764 Thread Starter

I've read taht it can be done with AGP but can it be done with a PCI Express card? Is there too much of a risk? I dont have money for a new graphics card...

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There's nothing to unlock on an X850 card, its the X800 with an X850 GPU that may have some pipelines locked. And as far as I know only the GPU's used on PCI-Express cards used the X850 GPU's on X800 branded cards.

3. Zman1764

Zman1764 Thread Starter

thats what I meant though. I have a 12 Pipe X850 Pro, is there a way I can unlock the extra 4 pipes or can it only be done on a PCI Express?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You'll have to find the info for your exact, Google the brand and model number, card and see what was done. Very few can be successfully unlocked if the extra pipelines are present.

5. Eggenberg4Ev

Eggenberg4Ev

Try here, it helped me & many others ;)

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=8060

If you use ATI tools to dump a copy of your current GPU BIOS, the guys on that forum will hopefully be able to modify it for you to unlock the 16 pipes.
    Hope this helps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!