Unmountable Boot Volume/ CD prob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TechnoChal

I'm getting that blue screen with the message Unmountable Boot Volume and I've looked on the site to find answers to how to fix it and I've found plenty of good ones, but there's still a problem. Everyone says to fix the problem that you put in your windows set up disk which I did, but the computer is not reading the disk so I can't get to the page to type in the codes to fix the problem. Any suggestions, this is really stressing me out and I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks!:)

Hello and Welcome to the forums, sure you will find all your answers here, there are tons of great supporters online here.

Your problem may be the boot order, your disk may read, but is not set up to before the harddrive is. If you cant get the boot from cdrom menu your boot order may need to be changed in the systemBIOS.
This is entered during the POST boot, by pressing del, F1, F5 etc, varies upon your computer manufacturer and BIOS type. Look at your screen when you boot, you will see the type of BIOS running (AMI, Award, Phoenix etc), and usually the way to enter configuration of it displayed in the top left.
Once in the system BIOS, set your boot order to floppy, cdrom then harddrive.
Try to reboot with the disk in the cdrom.

Or, you can download the six disc boot set from microsoft, you will need 6 floppies (and an 3.5" drive, which is becoming obsolete)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online