unmountable boot volume error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

graham251

Hi, I recently purchased a new maxtor 250gb sata2 hd and tried to install it on my system,
amd athlon64 3700
asus A8n - sli premium
Gigabyte 6800gs
1gb ram
60gb ide hd

I unplugged my old hd and installed my new sata2 hd, went through the windows xp pro boot procedure with no problems, created my partition NTFS system and then rebooted to continue installation. After the 1st reboot it started on the win xp logo screen and just seemed to hang, I left the pc running and came back about 30mins later to discover the blue screen stating that my "unmountable boot volume"...I replugged in my old ide hd and it boots up and in windows my new sata drive is visible but i wish to use it as my main drive and need windows installed on it.

Anybody have any ideas as to a solution.....

Thanks

You have to load the SATA drivers at the beginning of the Windows installation process, when asked, as I recall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online