1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unmountable boot volume xps600

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by harley14u2, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harley14u2

harley14u2 Thread Starter

I have an XPS600 desktop with unmountable_boot_volume error: 0x000000ED I cannot boot from the CD. It goes to diagnostic or quit option only. I cannot get Safe Mode to work.

I am not able to download TSG SysInfo..

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is this the same computer you reinstalled Windows on a few weeks ago and configured for dual monitors? What happened that caused this new error?

3. harley14u2

Yes it is. The monitors I figured out and they installed just fine. I am not sure what happened that led to the current problem. I am not able to open Windows. I cannot boot in Safe Mode. I have attempted to boot from the Resource CD and have not been successful in booting to Windows. I am not able to get the repair feature started from the CD.

I am running the diagnostic System Tree which currently has been running about 10 hours and shows to be 60% complete. What I noticed was a series of audio errors related to Nvidia which I downloaded an upgrade graphics download just prior to the BSOD problem. An example of an early Error Code is 6522:061B NVIDIA Audio ...

The majority of Errors now seem to be related to SATA Disk with fails on Confidence Test and some Read Test but not all. The second HD is now being tested and I have not noticed any fails so far. There are quite a lot of Pass results on the SATA Disk that showed the Errors.

This is where I am with this matter so far. I have searched the internet for possible answers and if you have some suggestions I welcome your input.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Hard drive errors mean the drive is failing. Not being able to boot into Safe Mode pretty much eliminates a driver problem.

5. harley14u2

I have two hard drives from when I installed the two I have now. How do I determine which one is good?

6. Betrayal

Betrayal

This happened to one of my computers!

The only way is to reinstall Windows, that's how I fixed it. Hope you still have the CD and license code.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You said you're running a diagnostic application, and one of the drives is returning errors. That's the one that's bad. There should be some identifying information for the drive in that program.

Reinstalling Windows does not fix a failing hard drive. That's like putting a coat of paint on a totaled car.

8. theducktapedude

theducktapedude

i had this same problem, and after 3 hours online, i found a solution. this worked for me.

1. enter the wimdows recovery console
    2. type chkdsk /p to see if the drive is bad. (mine wasn't, idk what to do if it is, probably get a new drive
    3. if the check turns up clean, reboot to make sure the problem hasnt been fixed.
    4. if it hasn't, re-enter the recovery console and type chkdsk /r to locate any bad sectors and recover any data.
    5.reboot.

if none of the above works, reinstall windows.

this link is helpful:http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000627.htm

ciao

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042523