Unmountable boot volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Darklifter

I haven't used my computer in a long time and had it stored away, recently I tried using it again and it booted up fine the first time but the keyboard was off, so I shut it down and turned it back on, then a blue screen showed up saying UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME along with some various vague tips, and STOP: 0x00000ed (0x80EF8D98, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) the computer worked fine before I stored it away. I do not know anything about the hardware, I received it second hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer.

blues_harp28

Hi, you will need the Xp install Cd.
Boot from the Xp install Cd. - when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type chkdsk /r
[note space after chkdsk]

When fininshed.
Type Exit
And press Enter.

The Bios needs to be set to boot [Start] from the Cd - it may already be set to do so.
http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
------
Unmountable boot volume in Windows XP.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000630.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online