Unmountable Volume Boot, a blue screen and an IBM Thinkpad -- HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jaisco

Hi, I'm having problems with the Unmountable Boot Volume error and the "Blue Screen of Death".
So I had a trojan virus and it spiraled into something completely horrible!
I don't have the Windows XP CD, or at least I don't think I do. I found a packet for Windows XP that has a bunch of discs that say Windows XP Developer, Windows XP Update, Windows XP media center, etc.
Everything I do it goes to the blue screen. If I go to safe mode, it goes to a blue screen. If I start it normally > blue screen. I try to to do the ThinkVantage button(I've an IBM Thinkpad) > blue screen.
Now, all I can do is get into the BIOS. but from there I don't know what to do.

I don't have any discs, floppy discs, etc.
I can download something onto a USB. That's about it, but I really a lot need help.

First Name
Jim
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts