UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_ VOLUME blue screen message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jpopescu

cant get to my desktop, and in a roundabout manner by pressing the F8 button, then one of the selections I get this blue screen with the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_ VOLUME message. have to press the power button to exit and CPU powers down.

If someone can assist with detailed instruction on how to get back to a desktop.

I have a Dell 8300 Dimension 8300 Series
Bios version A05
3.2 GHZ
Level 2 Cache: 512kb Integrated

I do have the XP home edition disk and have gone into the "Boot Menu" selected the option that states to boot from the "CD Rom" (where the XP disk is in) yet when I select this option, it goes back to that initial screen (not the blue screen) that give options that any of them take me back to "Circle" of coming back to this screen.

any help and detailed instruction is appreciated

jpopescu

just tried to boot from the XP disk again and this time I got to the XP disk .....recieved 3 options,

To set up Windows XP now, press Enter

To repair a Windos XP installation using Recovery Console, press R

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3

so, I press the "R" key and nothing happened?? waited and pressed again, nothing??? had to then press F3 to Quit (as indicated) and nothing happened as well. As I know I did not want to set up Windows I did not press Enter.....I had to press the power button on the CPU to shut this screen down and the cpu

just providing additional insight......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!