1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unmountable_Boot_Volume ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rgprewitt, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgprewitt

rgprewitt Thread Starter

On my HP Pavilion zd7000 running xp home on boot up at the ...system32\drivers\agp440.sys boot up line when starting in Safe Mode it jumps to a blue screen that says "unmountable_boot_volume". It asks me to disable/remove newly installed hardware/software... there is none, but can't get to software, anyway. The machine won't boot past this point... any suggestions?

Technical info:
    *** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82F4EE30, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Your hard drive may have failed . . you can download diagnostics from HP support to rule that out

3. Iceworx

Iceworx

DO you have a UDMA hard drive ?
    Untill I know that try this.

Run chkdsk /r using the recovery console.
    If that doesnt work run fixboot [drive] under the recovery console.

Please note im assuming you know how get to the recovery console, if not just say so for step by step instructions.

4. rgprewitt

rgprewitt Thread Starter

No I don't know how to get to the recovery console.

5. Iceworx

Iceworx

From the Setup CD-ROM

Insert the Setup compact disc (CD) and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD.
    When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. When prompted, type the Administrator password. At the system prompt, type Recovery Console commands; type help for a list of commands, or help commandname for help on a specific command.

6. rgprewitt

rgprewitt Thread Starter

Thanks folks... I got it to work with your help!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice