1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unplugging camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cheeks, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheeks

cheeks Thread Starter

I borrowed my sisters camera for a trip, while i was copying my videos and pictures onto my computer, the cord got unplugged (wrapped around the chair)
    and now, on the camera, i cant Take pictures, cant record Video... when i go to preview mode, it says "MEMORY REQUIRE FORMAT" then it flashes to 'no data in internal memory'

i checked the SD card, and there was nothing on that, and i need to fix this problem... HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:

the type of camera is a Centrios DSC-314 3.1 megapixel

(also... dunno why, but when i go to picture mode it says 2X zoom instead of 4)

I dont really want to go into windows and format it through there, and i cant find a selection in the camera settings to format it... can anyone help me?

2. kath100

kath100

3. cheeks

cheeks Thread Starter

ty, but that's not quite gonna fix it... im taking it to futureshop tomorrow :(

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

There "should" be an option in the camera settings somewhere to format the card... formating in a reader or through the computer is never reccomended...
    did the pin connector between computer and camera get bent when the unpluging occured?

buck

5. cheeks

cheeks Thread Starter

The camera isnt letting me do anything... i found the way to format the card, but it turns out that i need a picture in the camera so i can format it... pretty stupid, but ok. The point is that i cant take a picture, or a video, so that i CAN format my card, it isnt letting me do anything.... and wondering about going through windows to format... what would that do? like would it change the filesystem on the camera, or completely delete the camera's required software... im trying to not make it even worse cause it isnt mine, but im broke and i dunno how much it costs to get it repaired

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Can't believe you need to have a file in the card to do the format...but you have the camera not me

do you know anyone with a camera that uses SD card that can try the format for you or someone with a card reader to do it?

7. cheeks

cheeks Thread Starter

thanks buck, but i just got a new one from future shop... they had one in stock so the just traded me cameras.... now it's their problem

yay... it's fine for me

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/319347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice