1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unplugging USB Devices

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alan_M, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan_M

Alan_M Thread Starter

I've recently acquired a digital camera, and have been testing snaps then putting them into the PC for editing. When I remove the lead, I get the "Unsafe Removal Of Device" window pop up warning me about not stopping the device properly. Now this has never caused me any issues when unplugging any USB hardware.

So my question is, can the warning be disabled totally? Every time I unplug the camera the window pops up and wants to place its icon in the system tray. It's starting to get on my nerves!

Thanks in advance :)

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Alan,This problem can occur because of a logic error in the code for the Usbhub.sys file. Leave it plugged in so that when you download the latest service pack from Microsoft it will be picked up, and the proper SP will be downloaded. Have a good day.

3. Alan_M

Alan_M Thread Starter

Thanks for that - I have SP2 installed, so maybe I'll have a look for a specific usbhub.sys patch on Microsoft's site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/88805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice