1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unpurged printing job lost somewhere in Windows

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Lyn Patterson, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyn Patterson

Lyn Patterson Thread Starter

Not sure if this should be with Printers or here.

Recently installed Easy Thumnails for Windows. Great programme BUT I tried to print a folder of 300+ graphics as thumbnails and to my horror they started to print out one huge photo per page. I immediately 'stopped ' printing (Epson Stylus Color 460; Windows 98) but couldn't find a way to cancel from Easy Thumnails.

I did the usual things, closing the printer from the systray and thought that would be the end of it.

Now, whatever I try to print and in whatever application I try to print something, the unwanted job starts again instead of the item I am trying to print. I have re-booted twice , clicked on 'purge print jobs' in the printer menu, uninstalled Easy Thumbnails, uninstalled and installed printer drivers twice and STILL whatever I try to print comes out as the unwanted job. As soon as I see what it is, I 'stop' the printer again but all on its own, it restarts in about one minute.

I have been on to the Epson helpline (Australia) 3 times and they can only suggest, other than all the things I have already done, that the files are possibly stored (spooled to) C:\Windows\Temp folder. I had a look in this and there are quite a few things but especially two sets of files about 200 each: one looks like:
    ~ep050a.sjh different numbers and letters, and the other set looks like: 008750 all different numbers. I have been unable to open any of these - I tried my graphics programme but it did not appear to be suitable.

Am I safe in deleting all files in this folder?

I have emailed Easy Thumbnails but sometimes that can take a while and I am at the moment unable to print anything!

Does anyone have any idea where this print job is lurking?

Thanks.

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

yep, you can delete all the files in the c:\windows\temp folder.

Just make sure you end task on everything but explorer before trying to delete the temp files.

3. Lyn Patterson

Lyn Patterson Thread Starter

Thanks for the confirmation, Shadow2531 - have deleted all the files in that folder and guess what - I am back printing again !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice